A majestic old barn renovated to become a holiday home for the family.
The cottage of 140 m2, near the manor, was originally a large and high barn, it can accommodate from 1 to 6 people.
It is made up of :
- The living / dining room
- A fully equipped kitchen
- 3 rooms:
- one on the ground floor
- two bedrooms upstairs
The living / dining room :
A large room, largely open to the outside and with its vaulted cathedral ceilings with the original beams restored, it is decorated in the soft grey tones of the Farrow and Ball moment to complement its large slabs of Dordogne stones.
The building gives pride of place to an imposing library which holds a big part of Charlotte and Thierry’s collection of Art books, framed with sofas and armchairs in which to read.
The perspective of the twin staircases, each leading to an upstairs room, add theatricality and give the room a certain cachet.
The large open kitchen leads to a teak terrace, an outdoor hotplate, a garden bursting with trees and flowers, ... inside, outside ... everything is designed to fill up with nature, for a sweet and summery feel.
Les rooms :
The LIBRARY has 3 bedrooms, all en-suite.
The first, on the ground floor, in shades of blue grey, leads to a minimalist shower room in Italian style, and separate toilet.
The other two bedrooms are upstairs:
Each has its own charm: The rooms lead to a large bathroom in the style of the early twentieth century. The floors are in black and white marble and white earthenware wall tiles in the Parisian style.
The first is occupied by a royal bed with ebony canopy, beautiful bedding, old-fashioned embroidered linen, and its family storage furniture. A small crib or baby bed can be added. (With supplement)
The other, slightly smaller, is furnished with high quality bedding, and a family-sized wardrobe. It leads to a large boudoir bathroom: with freestanding bathtub, an inimitable basin, a walk-in shower in slate and a chrome towel-dryer and also a separate toilet, all straight from London.
The lodging LA LIBRAIRIE is non-smoking.
Bed linen is provided and beds made-up prior to arrival of the tenants. Every Saturday, at the request of the tenant, fresh bedlinen can be supplied. (charge to the tenant to strip and re-make the beds.
Kitchen linen and towels, on request, can be exchanged every 3 days.
General information of the lodging the library
- Living room of 56 m2
- Library filled with books
- 140 cm HD screen TV
- CD player
- BOSE amp @
- wifi access
- board games
- Dining table with 6 chairs.
- Open fitted kitchen leading to the living room
- Double sink
- Washing machine
- Electric oven
- Induction hobs
- Refrigerator with freezer compartment
- Small appliances
- Coffee machine
- EXPRESSO machine
General information of the lodging (continuation)
- Garden furniture (table and 6 chairs)
- plancha (hotplate)
- Parasol, sun chairs, pool towels
- Bedroom 1, ground floor with en-suite toilet and shower room (20m2)
- Washbasin, towel dryer, towels, bathrobes, hair dryer.
- 2 twin beds of 90/200
- Storage cabinet
- Bedroom 2, upstairs on the right, followed by large bathroom and separate toilet (25m2)
- Washbasin, shower tub
- Towel dryer, towels, bathrobes
- King size canopy bed 200/200 bed linen in old-fashioned embroidered linen.
- Washbasin, towel dryer, towels, bathrobes, hair dryer
- Storage cabinet
- Bedroom 3, upstairs left, followed by large bathroom and separate toilet. (25m2)
- Freestanding bathtub, walk-in shower, heated towel rail
- hair dryer bathroom linen.
- King size bed, old-fashioned embroidered linen
- Storage units.
- Cot and high chair